Normally me and Trae love beef or pork but every now and the we venture out and try something new. After a lot of arguing about price point and what was available we landed on salmon. We decided to try a recipe found over at Traeger.
To start brine your salmon in a mixture of brown sugar, salt, pepper, and vodka. Yes vodka.
I let it sit for about 4 hours. Once done in the brine remove it and pat dry with paper towels and try to get any excess salt off. You can even rinse it if you want, just make sure it is dry before putting in the smoker.
Place it on the grill and let is smoke for about 45mins to an hour then crank up the heat to 225 for 1 additional hour.
Once off it not only looks amazing it smells amazing. Try to
Here is the breakdown:
- Mix together brine
- Brown sugar – 1 cup
- Pepper 1tsb
- Vodka 1cup
- Place brine and salmon in a large ziplock bag
- Brine for 4 hrs
- Remove salmon and rinse and pat dry
- Set to smoke and let traeger start up (5mins)
- Once smoking place on grill for 45mins to and hour
- After and hour turn heat to to 225 and let cook for another hour
- I used apple wood pellets
- Salmon was from Costco